Veterans Day is November 11, and to many of us is known as a day off of work or to have a BBQ with family and friends. But do you know the actual meaning or why it’s important? Read on below; we’ve got you covered.
The Difference Between Memorial Day, Labor Day and Veterans Day
With so many holidays revolving around BBQs, we know it can get confusing. But each of these holidays serve a very important purpose:
- Veterans Day–to honor and remember all who have served in the military.
- Memorial Day–to reflect on and honor all who sacrificed their lives for our country.
- Labor Day–to celebrate all the workers who contribute to America’s labor force.
How You Can Help America’s Veterans
At iSucceed, we believe it imperative to help out our veterans who have worked so hard to protect us. And what better way to celebrate the holiday than by helping out our veterans? This November 11, look out for an event near you and see how you can volunteer. Here are a few ways to get you started:
- Volunteer at the Boise VA Medical Center
- Find a center to donate old clothes or furniture to Veterans
- Make a monetary donation to the Wounded Warrior Project or another Veterans charity of your choice.
- Or do something kind for a veteran you know.
- Students, do you have a veteran you’d like to thank? Share with us in the comments below!