The members of the iSucceed School Board represent community parents, business, education, nonprofits, law and innovation throughout Idaho. iSucceed Virtual Schools, Inc. was founded in 2008 by a group of caring, concerned parents and community members that came together to provide an alternative to traditional public schools. They had a vision to create opportunities available to all Idaho high school-aged students to achieve a high school diploma online; including under-served, minority, at-risk and students throughout the state of Idaho but also being able to support any student that needs an online environment.
Since that time, iSucceed Board members have carried out the mission and vision of the school with charter leadership in creating new program elements and expansion for the students they serve. iSucceed now offers grades 7-12, has an online AVID program, college/career opportunities and a robust setting for students who need us.
Jan 2023 Posting – Open Board member positions
iSucceed Virtual Schools, an online public charter, is looking for new Board members! We are looking for motivated individuals who can provide input into the unique learning environment we provide to students statewide and be a part of growing the schools in positive ways for the coming years. Here are the details regarding Board member responsibilities:
- This is a volunteer/public service position
- Monthly Board meeting (in person, online if not in the Treasure Valley area)
- Mileage reimbursement if attending meetings in person
- Yearly Spring workshop in Boise area
- Participate in applicable training / webinars to build knowledge for Board decision making
- Carry out the charter school mission and goals in providing high quality online instruction for all students statewide
- You will gain intensive experience with school board management, charter school requirements and oversight, collaborate with school administration on building the school for the future
*Potential candidates with education, technology, finance or law experience would be very helpful but not required.
If you are interested in this experience, please contact the Board Clerk Cheri Newbold at [email protected] with a resume or letter of interest.