How to Catch Up on Credits and Get Back on Track to Graduate

By April 10, 2017 July 26th, 2018 Student Community

Every year, 1.2 million U.S. students drop out of high school.

That’s about one in four high school students who will not graduate. Earning your high school diploma is extremely important. You can learn more in this article.

If you’re thinking of dropping out, don’t. If you’ve already dropped out, it’s not too late.

A large portion of iSucceed Virtual High School students come already behind on credits. And each year, many former “at-risk” students go on to receive their high school diploma.

That means we can help you!

You Don’t Need a Credit Recovery Program to Graduate on Time

iSucceed is not a credit recovery program. A credit recovery program tends to consist of you sitting on a computer, reading documents, taking quizzes and passing the course.

If you failed your course the first time, why would you do better with hardly any support or guidance? That’s not what iSucceed’s about.

We are an accredited, public high school which means our courses aren’t easy. But we do have a few programs and personalized support that will make you more capable of catching up and graduating here at iSucceed than at another school. Learn more below.

How to Catch Up on Credits to Graduate

iSucceed’s academic structure helps students graduate on time or even early. You can learn more about graduating early here. Our curriculum is separated into three courses every eight to nine weeks. By the end of the traditional semester, a student at iSucceed will finish the same 6-8 courses a traditional student has; they just split it up differently.

Here’s how you can catch up:

After you successfully complete an eight to nine week quarter with iSucceed with passing grades, you are eligible to add an additional course. That means you can take four courses every eight to nine weeks for an additional credit! That may not sound like much, but that’s four additional semester courses in the standard school year.

As a refresher, here’s how to catch up on credits with iSucceed:

• Enroll with iSucced. Learn how to here.
  • Successfully complete one block with iSucceed with good grades.
  • Get counselor approval to take additional courses.

Sometimes life circumstances can make it difficult to add on courses. If you are behind and unable to take on extra work, you can still earn your high school diploma. You can stay with iSucceed until you are 21. However long it takes you to finish high school is not important, so long as you do earn that accredited diploma!

Get started with iSucceed today!

Student Testimonials

Don’t just take our word for it. Here are a few other testimonials of online students who caught up on credits and graduated.

“I’ve had a rough high school career that put me in a bunch of different schools and left me behind in credits. Online school has helped me change that and was a great way to catch up and learn plenty of things on the way!

The way I finished was just realizing, I HAVE to do this. Don’t just drop out and give up after working for a couple years on it. Just be motivated and understand that having a diploma helps out a great bit in the real world…Good luck to all of you and understand that it’s all worth it in the end!”
-Joey Hergatt, Graduate

“My experience with online high school was great. I encountered credit problems at the beginning of my sophomore year, so my school recommended taking online courses.

At first I thought it was hard and that it needed a lot of focusing and dedication. Thanks to the help of all my teachers and student advisors, I was able to do so! I even became confident in asking for all the help I always needed, that’s how helpful and nice the teachers and advisors were with me.

Even though I came upon many conflicts and would fall behind on homework, the teachers always had a backup plan to help me move along and succeed. It offered a lot of flexibility!”
Marianna Montes, Graduate

• Do you have a question about recovering credits with iSucceed? Share with us in the comments below!

Join the discussion 70 Comments

• Avatar Sirena prospere says:

Is this for high school students only

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Sirena. iSucceed is for Idaho students under the age of 22. Thanks for the question! 🙂

• is there a way i can get in contact with some one ?

• Avatar Grindi says:

I’m currently in 11 grade and I had to leave school because I was in dcyf custody and I sign of it but didn’t realize school was going to be a issued. Now I’m out of school I’m also a immigrant and dcyf was the one that did all the school stuff for me now I’m stuck and I really want to finish high school. I don’t know what to do. I left school in March.

• Avatar Asha says:

I got 10 credits and I’m suppose to be a senior..what should I do to make that up?🤷🏼‍♀️💁🏼‍♀️

• Avatar isaiah doleman says:

hello im 17 turning 18 in October i still have the credits of a freshman but im in class with sophmore because i got held back in 6th grade i need school like this just need to convince my family

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Isaiah. Sounds like iSucceed could be a good option for you. 🙂 We hope this article helps you when talking with your family. Best of luck!

• i failed my algebra 2,biology & english 2 in 10th grade and i have to retake it plus my US history this year while i’m in 11th grade ,every math test i take i fail .

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Corterra. Maybe iSucceed could be a good option for you. 🙂 Our teachers are able to provide personalized support to help you understand concepts and hopefully pass those tests! If you live in Idaho and are under 21, you can apply here or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Lina James says:

I currently have 1 credit from freshman year, and My parents withdrew me from the first semester of the 2015-2016 school year so I’ve missed a whole year and a half of school and I need 23 credits to graduate and my graduating class of 2018 gets to graduate next year and I can’t because I dont have the credits for freshman, sophomore, junior and senior year.. someone please help me, how can I recover all of these credits

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Lina. We are happy to help you recover your credits and get back on track to graduate. 🙂 Keep in mind you do not need to graduate with your class; you have until you are 21 to obtain your diploma. If you are a resident of Idaho, please start your application online here. Or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Paola Veeder says:

Hey, I have the same situation did you graduate in time?

• I have 19 credits in I am in 12 grade and I’m about to graduate in May I need help getting my credits up before I graduate. I think it’s because of changing different schools then I’m behind in English but my grades are good they are getting better. Can you please call me at 601-282-4702 I really want to graduate in 2019 with my class I have work so hard….😁

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Asia. Absolutely! We will pass along the note to our enrollment advisors to schedule a call with you. If you’d like a quicker response, feel free to give us a call 208.908.6250. 🙂

• Avatar Dez Montes says:

I’m wondering if I sign up for this program do I have to withdraw from my school ?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Dez. Great question. 🙂 Yes, you would withdraw from your current school in order to enroll with iSucceed. Our enrollment advisors are happy to talk with you about switching schools and enrolling. Give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar jamarria says:

if i earn credits on here could it add up to my credits in my real school ? like could it make my credits go up in school? so i could be all caught up?

• Avatar Khadra elmi says:

So I have to do credit recovery and I’m 11th grade so can u guys help me to get track on graduation and not be behind thank you😇

• Avatar Bethany says:

I’m supposed to be a senior but I just found out I only have 99 credits. How can you help me?

• Avatar QueShari Christian says:

im slimm..i need 6 to 7 credits to graduate..im a senior but in SC they are now considering me as a 10th grader..HLEP

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, QueShari. If you are a resident of Idaho (We do not serve SC) and under 21, we would love to help you earn your high school diploma! You can start your application here, or give us a call at 208.908.6250. 🙂

• Avatar Brenda says:

I’m 18 haven’t gone to school for 2 months and I’m a senior help!!!

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Brenda. We can certainly help you get back on track to graduate! 🙂 You can start your online application here, or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Heena says:

Hi I’m Heena I got held back from 9th grade and I only have 6 credits. Is it possible if I get 14 credits this year will I be a jr or a sophomore. Also if I take 2 regents this year and the other 2 in summer school will I be able to graduate in 2021 with enough credit. I really want to graduate in 2 years and I’m thinking if I take 2 of the regent in school and 2 other in summer and than when I get to 11th grade I take the final regents will I still graduate if I take all regents with all credits

• Avatar Autumn says:

Hi i need to make up 12 classes in order to graduate with my class because I really want to graduate with my class it possible to make up all my credits for 12 classes in one year

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Autumn. Sounds like iSucceed could be a great option for you. 🙂 We help many students get back on track to graduate. You can get started here, or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Salehah says:

My grand daughter is in the 12th grade and is not sure if she will graduate in June, cos it to late to enroll her in this program so she can graduate with her class

• Avatar Lynette says:

I’m in the 10th grade and live in California and im missing 40 credits what can i do? Can i still use this program?

• I was kick out of school on my last year with 4 credit left and I’m 20 years old now what do I do

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Sterling. Sounds like iSucceed could be a great option for you to get caught back up on credits. 🙂 If you’re under the age of 21 and an Idaho resident, start your application here or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Daniel Maldonado says:

Heyy I’m a junior at a public school in California I need 260 credits to graduate and I’m behind 25 credits and is thier anyway I could get them but still graduate at the same school with my classmates ?

• Avatar Stephanie says:

Hi.
    I finished 11th grade with 23.5 credits and I need 24 to get my high school diploma but Im missing 2 core credits.
    Is it possible that I transfer to this program and I earn a high school diploma from you with 23.5 credits to transfer?

• Avatar Rafael says:

So i cant join because i live in arizona??

• Avatar Keyriya says:

I’m in up coming 10th graded suppose to be in 12th grade and graduate next year I need help

• Avatar Zia says:

Hi , i live in dallas texas and i finished 6th grade but my parents withdrew me because we weren’t financially stable yet they no transportation,house etc I currently supposed to be in the 11th grade but i dont have my credits for the 7th, 8th ,9th or 10th what do i have to do to recover my credits so i can graduate with my class

• Avatar John Dutchson says:

So i have 0 credits and i am suppose to be in 11th grade, can i earn credits here before 12th grade starts and then transfer my credits into normal school to graduate?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, John. Sounds like iSucceed could potentially be a good fit for you. 🙂 You can catch up on credits with us and transfer to another school if you decide to do so. You can get started here or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Lee says:

I’m a senior and live in Las Vegas and I’m credit deficient

• Avatar Stephany Castillo says:

Hi my name is steffanny I need 40 credits to graduate from high school this 2019 year I really want to graduate and I worked hard please

• Avatar Alma says:

Hey i am suppose to be a sophomore in high school but i dropped out as a freshmen. I am really behind and i don’t have a single credit to my name. i don’t know what to do?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Alma. We’d love to help you earn your high school diploma! Keep in mind that iSucceed is only available for Idaho residents under 21. If that’s you, feel free to apply online here or give us a call at 208.908.6250. 🙂

• Avatar gabrealle morris says:

i am curently in between 10th and 11th grade but im am supposed to be in the 12th but dont have all of my credits would this help me ?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Gabrealle. We’d certainly can help! 🙂 Many students come to iSucceed seeking to catch up on credits. If you live in Idaho and you’re under 21, feel free to apply online or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Josue says:

Im currently am a junior I have 11.5 credits my principle told me to move after this block I am to get my freshman credits will I-succeed help me on getting my credits of my freshman year so I can go back to my school my senior year. I really want to graduate with my class year

• Avatar Anthony Smith says:

Hi i am Anthony i am a junior and i currently have only 9 credits and i need 22 to graduate next year. My first question is do you do this while your still at your current school or do you transfer out as in like online schooling? Is it possible to make up all the credits i need by next year? Please help me i’m in a crisis.

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Anthony. If you enroll at iSucceed, you would transfer to our school full-time. We can’t promise you will earn all the credits graduated in time, but there are several students who come to iSucceed to get caught up on credits. We’d be happy to help. 🙂 If you live in Idaho and are under 21, you can enroll here or call 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Amanda says:

Hi my name is Amanda and I’m supposed to graduate in May or June but I was withdrawn from my online courses because I was dealing with some terrible things and forgot to continue my work. I live in Ohio and was hoping to graduate this year?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Amanda. Unfortunately, iSucceed is only available to Idaho residents. However, if you live around Columbus, we recommend Valor, a new school opening this fall. Check it out here.

• Avatar Amber says:

I’m a senior in high school with only 5 credits left and it’s already April and I haven’t been to school since December do I have a chance at graduating on time? I live in the US KCMO

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Amber. Unfortunately, iSucceed is only for Idaho residents. We wish you the best of luck in your education! Be sure to research for online schools, there is likely going to be a great tuition-free option for you to get caught up and earn your high school diploma. 🙂

• Avatar Timber says:

Hi, I am currently a Junior with about 12 or 13 credits. I’m trying to graduate May 2020. I’ve tried Primavera online High School but I’m finding the work load impossible. Is there even a chance for me to graduate on time or should I kiss that goal goodbye. I would love to hear back from you guys.
    My email is thawkins7781@student.phoenixunion.org.

• Avatar Jaquan Rumph says:

I’m a 11th grader supposed to be a senior the schools didn’t give me the classes I needed I need to know how much would it be for 3 credits

• Avatar Parker Williams says:

Hi I’m Parker I got kicked out of school. Now I’m on the road with my dad and I can’t go t a public school. I got kicked out a couple weeks ago. I need to graduate high school so I can get my education. I need held I have a lot of questions. Can I save my credits from this year? Or do I have to restart . Please get back to me as soon as u can!!

• Avatar Allison Platt says:

Hi I have 14.05 credits and I’m a junior. Will I be able to become a senior in high school next year?