How to Catch Up on Credits and Get Back on Track to Graduate

By April 10, 2017Student Community

Every year, 1.2 million U.S. students drop out of high school.

That’s about one in four high school students who will not graduate. Earning your high school diploma is extremely important. You can learn more in this article.

If you’re thinking of dropping out, don’t. If you’ve already dropped out, it’s not too late.

A large portion of iSucceed Virtual High School students come already behind on credits. And each year, many former “at-risk” students go on to receive their high school diploma.

That means we can help you!

You Don’t Need a Credit Recovery Program to Graduate on Time

iSucceed is not a credit recovery program. A credit recovery program tends to consist of you sitting on a computer, reading documents, taking quizzes and passing the course.

If you failed your course the first time, why would you do better with hardly any support or guidance? That’s not what iSucceed’s about.

We are an accredited, public high school which means our courses aren’t easy. But we do have a few programs and personalized support that will make you more capable of catching up and graduating here at iSucceed than at another school. Learn more below.

How to Catch Up on Credits to Graduate

iSucceed’s academic structure helps students graduate on time or even early. You can learn more about graduating early here. Our curriculum is separated into three courses every nine weeks. By the end of the traditional semester, a student at iSucceed will finish the same 6-7 courses a traditional student has; they just split it up differently.

Here’s how you can catch up:

After you successfully complete a nine-week block with iSucceed with passing grades, you are eligible to add on more courses. That means you can take three courses every six weeks for an additional three credits. That may not sound like much, but that’s six additional semester courses in the standard school year.

As a refresher, here’s how to catch up on credits with iSucceed:

• Enroll with iSucced. Learn how to here.
  • Successfully complete one block with iSucceed with good grades.
  • Get counselor approval to take additional courses.

Sometimes life circumstances can make it difficult to add on courses. If you are behind and unable to take on extra work, you can still earn your high school diploma. You can stay with iSucceed until you are 21. However long it takes you to finish high school is not important, so long as you do earn that accredited diploma!

Get started with iSucceed today!

Student Testimonials

Don’t just take our word for it. Here are a few other testimonials of online students who caught up on credits and graduated.

“I’ve had a rough high school career that put me in a bunch of different schools and left me behind in credits. Online school has helped me change that and was a great way to catch up and learn plenty of things on the way!

The way I finished was just realizing, I HAVE to do this. Don’t just drop out and give up after working for a couple years on it. Just be motivated and understand that having a diploma helps out a great bit in the real world…Good luck to all of you and understand that it’s all worth it in the end!”
-Joey Hergatt, Graduate

“My experience with online high school was great. I encountered credit problems at the beginning of my sophomore year, so my school recommended taking online courses.

At first I thought it was hard and that it needed a lot of focusing and dedication. Thanks to the help of all my teachers and student advisors, I was able to do so! I even became confident in asking for all the help I always needed, that’s how helpful and nice the teachers and advisors were with me.

Even though I came upon many conflicts and would fall behind on homework, the teachers always had a backup plan to help me move along and succeed. It offered a lot of flexibility!”
Marianna Montes, Graduate

• Do you have a question about recovering credits with iSucceed? Share with us in the comments below!

Join the discussion 22 Comments

• Sirena prospere says:

Is this for high school students only

• Lina James says:

I currently have 1 credit from freshman year, and My parents withdrew me from the first semester of the 2015-2016 school year so I’ve missed a whole year and a half of school and I need 23 credits to graduate and my graduating class of 2018 gets to graduate next year and I can’t because I dont have the credits for freshman, sophomore, junior and senior year.. someone please help me, how can I recover all of these credits

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Lina. We are happy to help you recover your credits and get back on track to graduate. 🙂 Keep in mind you do not need to graduate with your class; you have until you are 21 to obtain your diploma. If you are a resident of Idaho, please start your application online here. Or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Dez Montes says:

I’m wondering if I sign up for this program do I have to withdraw from my school ?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Dez. Great question. 🙂 Yes, you would withdraw from your current school in order to enroll with iSucceed. Our enrollment advisors are happy to talk with you about switching schools and enrolling. Give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• jamarria says:

if i earn credits on here could it add up to my credits in my real school ? like could it make my credits go up in school? so i could be all caught up?

• Khadra elmi says:

So I have to do credit recovery and I’m 11th grade so can u guys help me to get track on graduation and not be behind thank you😇

• Bethany says:

I’m supposed to be a senior but I just found out I only have 99 credits. How can you help me?

• QueShari Christian says:

im slimm..i need 6 to 7 credits to graduate..im a senior but in SC they are now considering me as a 10th grader..HLEP

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, QueShari. If you are a resident of Idaho (We do not serve SC) and under 21, we would love to help you earn your high school diploma! You can start your application here, or give us a call at 208.908.6250. 🙂

• Brenda says:

I’m 18 haven’t gone to school for 2 months and I’m a senior help!!!

• Autumn says:

Hi i need to make up 12 classes in order to graduate with my class because I really want to graduate with my class it possible to make up all my credits for 12 classes in one year

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Autumn. Sounds like iSucceed could be a great option for you. 🙂 We help many students get back on track to graduate. You can get started here, or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Salehah says:

My grand daughter is in the 12th grade and is not sure if she will graduate in June, cos it to late to enroll her in this program so she can graduate with her class

• Lynette says:

I’m in the 10th grade and live in California and im missing 40 credits what can i do? Can i still use this program?

• I was kick out of school on my last year with 4 credit left and I’m 20 years old now what do I do

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Sterling. Sounds like iSucceed could be a great option for you to get caught back up on credits. 🙂 If you’re under the age of 21 and an Idaho resident, start your application here or give us a call at 208.908.6250.