iSucceed is packing its bags and traveling throughout the state! Next week, we will be at various locations throughout Idaho for you to come meet our staff, enroll onsite and enjoy some treats at our Info Session Road Show.
There will be multiple events happening all next week. Each event will have staff members and teachers for you to come meet, ask questions and get enrolled onsite. There will even be free food available at many of the events! Check out the list below to see which Info Session works best for you.
Road Show Dates and Locations
Monday, August 17: Couer d’Alene & Sandpoint
- Kootenai Coffee at 11 a.m. 5417 N. Government Way Coeur d’Alene, ID 83815. Come enjoy a free beverage!
- Second Ave Pizza at 5 p.m. 215 S. 2nd Ave, Sandpoint, ID 83864. Pizza will be provided!
Tuesday, August 18: Moscow & Lewiston
- One World Cafe at 11 a.m. 533 S Main St., Moscow, ID 83843. Come enjoy a free beverage!
- McDonald’s at 5 p.m. 711 21st St., Lewiston, ID 83501. Get one free ice cream cone when you attend!
Wednesday, August 19: Caldwell
- Moxie Java on Cleveland at 11:30 a.m. E., 2904 Cleveland Blvd, Caldwell, ID 83605. Beverages will be provided!
- Payette Public Library at 5:30 p.m. 24 S. 10th St., Payette, ID 83661
Thursday, August 20: Burley & Twin Falls
- Burley Public Library at 11 a.m. 1300 Miller Ave, Burley, ID 83318.
- Shari’s at 5 p.m. 1601 Blue Lakes Blvd N, Twin Falls, ID 83301. Come enjoy a free slice of pie!
Friday, August 21: Pocatello & Idaho Falls
*Last day to enroll for fall!
- Pocatello TownePlace Suites at 11 a.m. 2376 Via Caporatti Dr, Pocatello, ID 83201. Pizza will be provided!
- Idaho Falls Public Library at 4 p.m. 457 W. Broadway St., Idaho Falls, ID 83402.
What to Bring
If you plan to enroll onsite, you will need to bring a couple important items with you. Check them out in the image below.
To see the full list of items, download our Enrollment Packet. Students who enroll onsite and fill out an application will even get the chance to take home a school provided laptop!
School starts August 24, so be sure to enroll by August 21. We will see you along the road!
- Do you have questions about the Info Session Road Show? Share with us in the comments below; we’re happy to help!
When you first heard about attending an online high school, you may have been a little hesitant. In fact, you probably had so many questions that you felt like it was just too much to handle. Well, you’re not alone. That’s why we took the top four online high school myths, and busted them, in this blog post!
Myth #1- Colleges won’t accept diplomas from online high schools
This is a big one. A lot of people worry that because they attended an online high school, the diploma they earn is somehow not worth as much as the one from a brick-and-mortar school. Not true. As long as the online school is accredited from the proper board such as the North Central Association Commission (NCA, the accreditation unit of AdvancED)—where iSucceed Virtual High School received its accreditation—you will get all the credit needed.
Myth #2- Online high schools are as expensive as private schools.
We can easily bust this one! iSucceed Virtual High School is completely tuition free. State-sponsored charter schools give online students the opportunity to get a quality education for free and get ahead. Some online schools do charge and that’s why we recommend you do your research and find out what the best fit is for you. At iSucceed, we are always enrolling. Apply online here!
Myth #3- Distance learning students don’t get enough socialization.
This is another myth that may worry some parents and students. Being in an online environment could seem isolating at times and even thought to have a negative impact on the students because they’re not socializing or making friends at school. At iSucceed, we have a variety of activities for students to attend so they can get to know their peers and be social. Because we have an online environment, we also provide the opportunity to interact with other students and teachers through our Parent Student Portal (PSP) where we house message boards, provide email communication and more. We value student and staff interactions and encourage the Primavera community to stay connected online, as well as offline.
Myth #4- Online Instructors can’t provide personal attention to students.
This one is an ongoing myth we are proud to say we can bust! Because online teachers don’t physically teach in a classroom, a lot of people think they can’t provide one-on-one support for students in the online environment. But in reality, the opposite is actually true. At iSucceed, our teachers hold “live” online sessions and communicate individually with students via phone calls, emails, tutoring sessions and in our PSP. Oftentimes, our students find that they communicate much more with their teachers here than they ever did in a traditional setting.
- So, we’ve busted these four myths but know there are a lot more out there. Leave us a comment and share with us an online high school myth you’ve busted or feel free to ask us a question. We’re happy to help!
The above link takes you to the LiveStream recording of the 2014 Spring Orientation session hosted by iSucceed’s Executive Director, Aaron Ritter. The recording was made on January 14, 2014 at the iSucceed office in Boise, Idaho.